Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Teaching is NEVER boring.......

I've taught for over 32 years, and I can honestly say, "I've never been bored." This week my seventh grade English class has been doing a "Myself" unit. Yes, that is just what it sounds like. Every activity they do revolves around them. This is a great project to do before an upcoming school vacation, e.g spring break in this case. One of the first activities is a categorizing assignment where they are to list at least ten items in each of four categories: ten adjectives that describe them, ten activities they enjoy, ten things that make them blue, and ten favorite people, places, things, or moments. While we were sharing our lists I asked if anyone wanted to share anything from the ten things that make them blue. One young man raised his hand and very seriously stated, "No oxygen".

He's right!

No comments: