Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 3 in the Hospital

Well, here I sit once again in a hospital room wide awake while Jerry is sound asleep. No big deal, that's the way it is most nights at home. He didn't get much sleep last night. It was a doozy, but now with the pain medication adjusted and solid food on the menu, he's doing much better. In fact he's progressing better than the norm. We're very thankful for that. He had some visitors today and also received lots of cards and calls wishing him a speedy recovery or offering to do anything needed. Boy it's great to have such a great family and great friends. I used to take that for granted, but I sure don't anymore. I know there are at least two patients on this floor that have had not one visitor. I don't know if they have any family or not. I don't know what kind of surgery the other patients have had, but Jerry's kept me pretty busy doing lots of little things he can't do by or for himself yet, and If I weren't here he'd have to call the nurse tech (that's what they call them here). She has five or six other patients to tend to and if she had to help Jerry like I have been, she'd spend most of her time in here. I guess that's why they encouraged me to stay. It also explains the built-in bed in each room. It looks kind of like a window seat with attached cushions. A single sheet fits over it quite nicely and the patient can call you any time during the night and easily wake you when help is needed. Hummmm!!! Good News! We should be out of here Monday. I'm looking forward to my samo, samo routine. Another thing I use to take for granted and even sometimes bemoaned, but it looks pretty inviting right now. Wow, I'm on a roll. I've posted twice in three days on this blog. Maybe next time I'll have another new recipe to share. I'm looking for a Cream Cheese Kringle recipe. Can't wait to try it!

1 comment:

Wyndee said...

Glad to hear Jerry is doing so well. You've both been in my thoughts and prayers.

Wyndee